Do you have other 5GHz in that area?  Any possibility of the DFS being
triggered?

Bob-

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Forbes Mercy
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:06 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Does anybody have any ideas?

We have been plagued with an ongoing issue in our Mikrotik backhauls.
It happens about once a month and only on three radios that feed each
other, all other sites work fine.  Site A is my head end, it is a
Mikrotik 433 with an XR5 chip that feeds about five miles to another
site to Site B.  Site B has the same equipment that goes through a
managed switch then passes on to Site C about 7 miles further.

What happens is we are suddenly paged that all three are down.
Sometimes Site A stays up, most times not, we can get into Site A since
it's the head end and we reboot it, it comes right back up.  Site B and
C stay down, we have to drive to Site B and reboot it, it comes back up
but Site C stays down.  We have a remote reboot for it from a redundant
feed so after rebooting it C reconnects to B and they are all up.  This
will happen three or four more times in a single day or not at all again
for a month, it's totally unpredictable. The boards are up but not
communicating, it also takes down the other 2.4 Mikortik AP's at Site B
and that has to be rebooted.  We normally run arp -d to clear up any
residual, it sure appears to be traffic related and we are on a bridged
not routed network.

The only similarities is it's only this feed, it usually happens in
spurts of a day or two then stops for a long time, it always happens
during the working day leading me to believe it's coming from a day
user.  We run Wireshark but see nothing, we torch the towers and they
don't show much unusual.  We're thinking it might be a deluge of traffic
between Site B and C and are thinking of putting a PC at the C tower to
run diagnostics there.  This is very manpower heavy as we have to send
people two places and average down time is one hour to do this.  We are
going to turn our network into a routed network this Summer but that
doesn't help now.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Forbes

----