From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of RickG
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:52 PM
To: fai...@snappydsl.net; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] taxes

Listen, I'm not trying to be argumentative about this. I've always
believed as Travis that it is your choice. But, the feedback I'm
getting are that things are changing VERY QUICKLY with respect to how
the IRS is viewing issues such as this since our government is in
desperate need for more revenue. Beware, the "kinda, gentler" IRS is
no more!
I've spoken to a couple of CPA's about this. They are warning me that
ALL "equipment" utilized in providing service should be depreciated -
expensing it is sending a red flag to the IRS.
My concern is that since this is another "grey area" in our tax law,
that is truly does not give us a choice but rather gives the IRS
options in order to deal with you as they see fit. Therefore, I prefer
to get some feedback that WISP's are in fact expensing their
equipment, especially CPE, so as to establish some kind of feeling for
an industry standard.
-RickG