I read a bit about ethtool and then gave it a shot but this was all I got. I
iterated through eth0 through eth12 and got nothing.

XM.v5.2# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
Cannot get device settings: No such device
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: No such device
Cannot get message level: No such device
Cannot get link status: No such device
No data available
XM.v5.2# ethtool eth1
Settings for eth1:
Cannot get device settings: No such device
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: No such device
Cannot get message level: No such device
Cannot get link status: No such device
No data available
XM.v5.2# ethtool eth2
Settings for eth2: