On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 09:33, Matt <lm7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> our in-house Google
>> referral link,
>
> Does that make much revenue?  I doubt if we get enough traffic to our
> website to matter.

For several years, we've set customers' home pages to our Web site,
which has long had a little "search" box at the top. We still have
people using our Web site as their home page, even if they haven't
been customers for a long time. Some percentage of those people use
the search box on our site instead of the one in their browser or
whatever toolbar they use, and some percentage of those click on ads
even though they're clearly labeled as ads.

Signing up for a Google Adsense account and changing the search box to
use our Adsense link took maybe half an hour, which means if you make
more than about ten bucks you're probably coming out ahead. :)

David Smith
MVN.net