A massive reflector might work with normal power levels.

A friend of mine who was a ham and lived out on Long Island NY bought a surplus
weather ballon (some kind of metalized plastic) and used to let it up at night
and point his UHF yagi at it and work guys all over the tristate area... till
the police showed up and asked him to take it down. To people traveling on the
LI Expressway it appeared to be moving and the police were getting inundated
with UFO reports.

Greg