Well to help stabilize our environment from an RF stand point, about 4 1/2
years ago eight providers in our area (we being one of them) whose
coverage either bordered on each other or overlapped a bit got together
and formed a co-op. We agreed not to build towers in each other's existing
coverage footprints and to share network resources. By that I mean any
company could sell service on any other companies network and split the
revenue on an agreed upon amount (I can't give out that number, but it was
fair to everyone). It eventually evolved into a centralized support center
and now most of the companies in it sell under a common brand name even
though the physical networks are still operated and maintained by the
owners of those networks. Although we recently split from the group and
sold our network, it seems to still be a good model for those involved. We
never did take full advantage of the support and common marketing for
several reasons, but it seems to be working well for those involved. It
was nice knowing that the other competent guys in the area were not going
to be causing trouble for me. I had enough jokers who didn't know anything
to worry about.

Cameron