I'm with you, pal.

Bob-

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 10:51 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Question #1 of the Day

I'm not sure if it's related or not.

But we've always given free or deep discounts to libraries, fire stations,
city government etc.  Basically nearly any locally funded taxing authority.

That's always been our way to give back to the community.

It's also probably been helpful when we've gone to those same communities
and asked for tower locations.

Other than that we don't "partner" with government.  We stop at the teamwork
point and don't move to the next level of "partner".

It seems to me that there is, or at least used to be, a concept that
government is to set laws to protect the citizenry and enforce those laws.
While business is to provide goods and services to the citizenry.  When the
two become co-mingled in any way, corruption, fraud, waste and abuse become
far too likely.  Whether it's government passing a law that unfairly
benefits one company over another or giving money to one company at the
expense of another.....

shrug

Hope that helped at least a little bit :-) marlon