How about a west coast regional 2 or 3 day WISPA cruise????  like SF to LA ,
or just Long Beach to Catalina

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Forbes Mercy
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:44 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] What are the Challenges?

Robert,

Are you on the Promotion Committee?  These are all important inputs we
need when we make decisions, it wasn't the board who decided, they
followed the recommendations of the Promotion Committee.  We have no
intention of having another summer show, we have learned a lot in this
our first show and that's one of them.  You can join at
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/Promotion

If you don't have the time that's fine it's a dent in my summer schedule
too and I'm not just going for the two days, but no incentive I think
not, there is a lot of benefit going to this meeting.  I'm not sure
asking what concerns there were was necessary unless to help people who
needed help coming but to rehash minority views in a well documented
series of surveys, webinars, and question/answer opportunities isn't
productive, I hope to see you up front at our next attempt at this
ongoing series.

Thanks,
Forbes
Promotion Committee Chair

On 6/27/2010 9:41 PM, Robert West wrote:
> " We originally picked St. Louis"
>
> With total and absolute respect for the board, we had an online discussion
> of where and why among all of us and St. Louis really wasn't in the mix.
> The timing is also "weird" because the summer, at least for me, is the
> busiest because the weather is damn best for fixing everything and getting
> new AP's installed.  I'm working like hell to beat the snow.  (Just got in
> from a new AP install)
>
> Get me in mid-January and I'll have plenty of time.  Look at the volume of
> list postings and you'll understand.  The winter gives us all lots of time
> to list post thus empty time in our schedules.  Graph it out, you'll
> understand.  Yeah, travel in the winter sucks.............  But I got's
the
> time then!
>
> Besides...............  St. Louis?
>
> I went to the Dayton Hamvention, met some WISPA members, saw some great
> "junk" and spent some cash.  Not to push Dayton (Dayton blows)  but as we
> talked about before, a hook up with another similar event is the cool
thing
> for me.  No matter where it is.  I really don't care where but the
> Hamvention is well known by a lot of WISPA Hams.
>
> Anyhow, just no time and no incentive in going.  Ticket price and hotel
> price have no bearing on my lack of attending.
>
> Anyone with similar issues???
>
> Bob-

Louis.
> This does not seem to be the case and we find ourselves wondering why this
> to be the case.
>

> My first inclination is to blame it on weather.  I realize that weather in
> the Central US has been extremely volatile this summer with persistent
> storms continually moving across the region.  I am asking if this is
really
> the reason preventing many Midwestern WISPs from signing up for this
meeting
> or not.  If it is something else, I would like to investigate further.  We
> believe it is our obligation to the Vendors who have committed staff,
money
> and resources to attend the meeting, that we ask these tough questions.
>

> Our goal and the budget for the RM are based on a count of 200 attendees.
We

----

----