From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 5:44 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: Limiting range of Wifi AP

I solved a problem similar to this some time back.  I waited to reply to
this thread until I found the files I was looking for.

If you place a very directional antenna, like a corner reflector in the
front corner of a store and point it to the back, you can limit the coverage
to the building.

I devised a corner reflector that is made of card stock and aluminum foil.
You rubber cement both of the pages I include here together with a layer of
foil between them.  It slips over the short antenna on a wireless router and
directs the energy 90 degrees.  Then turn down the power!

Friendly Regards,

Mike

Mike Gilchrist
Disruptive Technologist