I stumbled upon it by accident. I'm not sure why I decided to take one
apart, but I saw the little battery in there and thought "hmmm". So I got a
new one and it got its memory back...well at least after a reprogramming. I
guess its like a cmos battery. Lose it and you have to go reset all your
settings on the MB. I'm not sure why they haven't gone to flash memory on
these things.

Cameron