From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Fred Goldstein
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 7:13 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Multiple sectors, one frequency?

At 8/4/2010 09:55 PM, Jerry Richardson wrote:

boundary="_000_23DADC444ADCA14F88BD510F7E6BAA2B66B3628403VMBX116ihoste_"

For UBNT 900 I have serious doubts you could cram more than 3x 5MHz channels
into the 30MHz and have it work without sync (behold the power of Canopy!).

Yeah, sync... that's what I'd like.  UBNT's AirMax has a degree of it, of
course.  And MikroTik has put its own flavor of TDMA, nv2, into beta.  But they
aren't as elaborate as Canopy or SkyPilot's SyncMesh.  You'd think that if the
nodes could hear each other they might be able to synchronize to some extent...

5MHz channels and 5MHz spacing might look like:
1 = 905.0 (902.5-907.5)
2 = 915.0 (912.5-917.5)
3 = 925.0 (922.5-927.5)

There are apparently four standard 5 MHz channels on the 900 band (centered at
907, 912, 917 and 922).  For the most part I'm finding it possible to use two
120 degree sectors, with the rest of the circle not required (usually over
water).  So I can keep 5 MHz channels 10 MHz apart.  Not ideal though.

I have doubts even that will scale well though. 900 is a different animal with
big fat lobes off the backs and sides of the antennas.

I suppose that the worst case is that the sectors will trigger each others'
CSMA, and thus the total throughput will be limited, but some signal should get
through.  If the sectors are lightly loaded it won't be so bad. Sound right?

- Jerry