I keep a 10mhz separation between the channels.  Lesson learned.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Fred Goldstein
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:54 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Multiple sectors, one frequency?

At 8/4/2010 03:37 PM, Jerry Richardson wrote:
>It will not work.
>
>But you would be surprised how well these run at 5 or 10 MHz channels.

With how much spacing between them?  If I could put them on adjacent
10 MHz center frequencies, that would solve a lot of problems, and even 5
MHz channels with 10 MHz spacing (and thus a 5 MHz guard band) would be
reasonable.  But 20 MHz spacing is problematic.

How much throughput can a quarter-channel get? The Rocket data sheet is not
very complete; it doesn't even mention subchannel support.  The RM5 spec
sheet says that MCS12 has -84 dB sensitivity.  That gets 78 Mbps in a full
20 Mbps channel, 162 in a double-wide, and a bit more with the short guard
interval.  If I could share 15 Mbps among the sector users, in 5 MHz, I
think everyone should be happy. And I'd expect -89 to -90 sensitivity.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/

----