At 8/27/2010 05:19 PM, you wrote:
>Why?  4.9 Ghz licenses are basically automatic.  If the agency already has
>ANY FCC license, then a 4.9 is simply an add on that
>has very little engineering information.
>
>By any - I mean they license they do their dispatch on.

Are WISPs here providing backhaul for their local 4.9 GHz licensee
using the same ISP backbone that carries commercial traffic, isolated
backhaul frequencies on the 4.9 band, or a VPN on the ISP backhaul frequencies?

It seems to me that a "Carrier Ethernet" class backhaul network, with
some CIR per layer 2 virtual circuit, would provide the PS users with
some assurance of capacity.  But I don't know if it can be
provisioned in any of the low-cost router OSs.  Sure would be nice.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/