Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

On 9/13/2010 2:13 PM, Glenn Kelley wrote:
experience here shows sub 50 as a max - for the price point - it cannot be beat however

On Sep 13, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Justin Wilson wrote:

Polling is what makes systems like Canopy and Nstreme shine. The polling is different than the MIMO technology. Mimo is Antenna and TDMA is polling. 802.11 was never designed for outdoor so the polling is flawed for such purposes. I have seen 5ghz Mikrotik units with nstreme enabled that had 70 clients at 3meg burstable speeds. I am interested to see how many clients an airmax AP can handle.
--
Justin Wilson <j...@mtin.net <x-msg://84/j...@mtin.net>>
http://www.mtin.net/blog – xISP News
http://www.twitter.com/j2sw – Follow me on Twitter
Wisp Consulting – Tower Climbing – Network Support

*From: *Steve Barnes <st...@pcswin.com <x-msg://84/st...@pcswin.com>>
*Date: *Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:30:04 -0400
*To: *WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org <x-msg://84/wireless@wispa.org>>
*Subject: *Re: [WISPA] Taking the plunge

Forbes, so are you saying: if I change and go to a Rocket with Airmax dual pol antenna and I have a client with a UBNT Bullet M2 HP Connected to a Laird 24Dbi Grid Vertical only dish, that even though the Bullet has Airmax as part of it, it wont connect. Or are you saying that all your clients need to be new with Airmax ability?

*Steve Barnes
*General Manager
PCS-WIN <http://www.pcswin.com/>
RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service <http://www.rcwifi.com/>