for us...

Newspaper  -- 1  ...  24 weeks... 2 responses
road signs  -- 5  if by this you mean yard signs like real estate agents use
Direct mail  -- 9  But see below...
demo trucks  -- never tried
billboards  --  never tried
word of mouth  --  9

We started direct mail this year...  But we do it differently than many.

we drive by and record addresses and rate them as low cost, medium cost or high cost install.

Then we mail pre-qualified for service flyer's to all the low cost ones offering $50 off the install good for 2-4 weeks.

The response rate is around 4%

Marco Coelho wrote:
What have been the most effective Marketing or Advertising tools some
of you have used?

Rated 0-10, 0 being worst, 10 being Best

For us:

Newspaper Advertisement --  0
Road Signs -- 7
Direct Mail -- 2