I am not sure what type of configuration you folks are talking about.

For my PPTP dial-in, I setup a IP Pool with a hand full of IP's from the
same subnet as to what I am connecting to.

The Local IP on the PPTP server is from the same subnet (Gateway IP),
and Proxy-arp is enabled.

(Setup a bridge interface, assign IP to the bridge, use this IP as the
PPTP local IP).

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom