So is there going to be a new report and order published?

If so any idea on when it will be released?

On 09/23/2010 08:54 AM, Rick Harnish wrote:

I'm sure we will have much more detail in the coming 24 hours.

Notes I took:

No Spectrum Sensing mandated, but further development is encouraged

Geo-location Database to be developed in the next few months

Two channels reserved for microphone use

Large "users" of microphones can apply for "temporary????" license and inclusion in the Geo-location database

Backhaul use will be further analyzed in the coming months.

No mention of antenna heights in this oral proceeding

Commissioners recognize the value proposition that unlicensed spectrum presents to economic development for US Manufacturers, integrators and end users. I believe I heard mention of an estimated 9 billion dollar industry being borne from this decision.

Overall, the WISPA position is in line with most of the results. Only time will tell on the minute details of the final order as it is released to the public.

Respectfully,

*Rick Harnish*

Executive Director

WISPA