Hi,

Does anyone have 1-2 full BGP routing tables on a MikroTik router?  If
so, what kind of hardware are you running.  I'm testing a single feed on
a P3 800.  It loads the routes fine, and seems to handle the routes in
stride (all 328659 of them), until you start poking at the routing table
like...

/ip route print count-only where bgp-as-path="1234"

An AS that yielded 500 routes took 1-2 minutes at 100% CPU to complete.
Is this "normal" these days, or is significantly greater hardware in
order?  I used to have a full feed on a Cisco 3640.  It took 5-10
minutes to load all of the routes after a reload, and it was almost
impossible to log in, high packet loss, etc. during that time.

So, should it take 10 seconds on real hardware, or is this type of query
always slow?

Thanks,

--
Kristian Hoffmann
System Administrator

Office - 209-543-1800 | Fax - 209-545-1469 | Toll Free - 800-905-FIRE