We've been running BGP with MikroTik for quite some time now.  It hasn't
been flawless by any stretch, but ever since late v2.8 or early v2.9 we
haven't had much trouble with it.  We running v3.30 on two routers with two
full feeds each and a third running v4.11 with two full feeds.  All of these
routers have a handful of downstream BGP peers that we are also delivering
full tables to.

So far I think v4.11 might be the best, but we don't have as much time on
that version as we do with v3.30.  The only reason we moved one of our
routers from v3.30 to v4.11 was because we had an unusual hang with that
particular router.  We weren't sure if it was hardware or OS related,
however moving it to v4.11 seems to have resolved the problem.  (knock on
wood)

Bottom line is given the price of a beefy MikroTik router vs. buying an
Imagestream or Cisco that is equivalent we can have hot standby spares on
hand and still be thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars ahead.  That
coupled with building a network that isn't solely dependent on any single
point of failure further reduces the crisis when a core router fails.

Things break...doesn't matter if MikroTik, ImageStream, Cisco or Juniper
makes it.   ALL things break eventually, so plan for it!

Best,

Brad