On Oct 29, 2010, at 5:50 PM, Jon Auer wrote:

> WRT your suggestion, +1.

Agreed. Refurbished Cisco 3500XL's and 2950's can be had for a few hundred.

I actually have a few 12, 24, and 48 port 3500XL's which I'm looking to get rid
of for cheap. Anyone interested hit me up off list. The only reason we don't
want them is because they do not support RSTP and cannot handle MTU's higher
than 1500 to support things like MPLS and VPLS. The exception is VLANs; They do
automatically increase the supported MTU on a port if it is in 802.1q trunk
mode to allow passing of a single VLAN ID. Nothing more. No support for Q-in-Q
/ VLAN stacking.

My apologies to the list if this is not allowed.

> We prefer the RB1100 because we don't need a inverter for the switch at DC
> powered sites.

Are you using -48VDC at these sites? What are you using to down convert to
something operable with the RB1100?

--
Blake Covarrubias