I'll fill in some more details for Chuck..

We started out on a RB1000 with a single bgp peer. All worked fine for
a long time.

We then added a second bgp peer and switched to full tables tables and
it started leaking memory and would lock after a few weeks to a couple
months of running. After the third bgp peer with full tables it would
lockup after several days to a couple weeks. We upgraded the memory on
the RB1000 thinking that more might help.. It didn't..

We tried several RB1000's and eventually upgraded to an Axiomtek NA820
x86 system a few months ago. Sunday, after 62 days uptime the x86
system locked for the first time.

We've tried ROS 3.1x to 4.11 all with the same results. I've sent a
number of supouts to Mikrotik at various days of uptime before it
locked. I've hooked a console cable to the RB1000 after it locked and
was not able to get any response from it. I need to leave a monitor
hooked to the x86 system to see if it is kernel panicing or just
freezing.

I have another x86 system that I think I'm going to load freebsd on it
and just run Quagga. I don't want to spend the money on a cisco to
handle 3+ full bgp feeds and 300+mbit of traffic.

I've considered splitting up the bgp peers with each on their own
router and running ibgp between them, but I'm still facing the same
problem of having 2 full bgp tables on each router. The only way I've
been able to minimize the time between lockups is to filter everything
but default routes from my upstreams.

Gerard Dupont
Shelby Broadband