We do pretty much the same thing. If you have a good voip solution you don't
get very many calls. We have right at 300 lines and it is not uncommon to go a
week or more with no support calls. As a matter of fact with our initial voip
provider we had a person on staff just to deal with voip problems. Now we
ultimately had to let him go because there was no work for him (it reminded me
of the old maytag commercials).

We have learned several things about modems, faxes, and credit card machines.
We used to try to get all the lines and try to make it work and keep the
customer happy. Somewhere in the process I decided that wasn't working and that
we were fighting the same problems over and over. I made a new rule for new
customers. We do not support analog credit card machines or modems. The
customer could keep an analog line for those or switch the credit card machine
to an Internet based terminal. 2.  On the faxes, if they are a medium to low
fax usage customer, our t.38 fax would be ok. If they are a heavy user we
charged a little more per month and used faxxbochs. Once we started using this
approach we quit having problems and our customers were happier.

As far as installs go we install our ata at the customer demarc so to the
customer it is no different that Att. Sometimes they don't know we have even
switched them over until the tech let's them know. Anything 4 lines or more we
use the spa8000's. They are rock solid. I hve several units that have been in
service for over two years without a reset. I don't even get calls from those
customers. Just a check.

Sent from my iPhone4