Yes; their radars would be high-powered (perhaps megawatts). From your
mountaintop location, you could have line-of-sight for 100 miles or more. If
their radar was airborne, you could have LOS for 200 miles. Please keep us
posted on what you turn up.

jack
(Chair - WISPA FCC Committee)
818-227-4220

On 2/7/2011 11:17 AM, Bret Clark wrote:
> Hhhhhhmmmm...that just set off a light bulb...none in the immediate
> area, but I'm sure their stuff would be high powered enough to reach
> some distance. Something we are going to look into further.
>

> On 02/07/2011 02:04 PM, Jack Unger wrote:
>> It could be mobile military radars or during National Guard exercises, etc.
>> What
>> freqs are you using in the band? Does your mountain installation overlook any
>> military training areas?
>>
>> On 2/7/2011 9:11 AM, Bret Clark wrote:
>>> That's what I'm thinking but you'd think it would be happening
>>> continuously. Yet we'll go several months without so much as a peep and
>>> then boom...we are in interference hell. Had the problem again this
>>> weekend, started Friday night, on and off all weekend, then Sunday night
>>> everything is find again. I'm running out of hair to pull out of my head
>>> at this point!
>>>
>>> Bret

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Author (2003) - "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks"
Serving the WISP, Networking and Telecom Communities since 1993
www.ask-wi.com  818-227-4220  jun...@ask-wi.com