$10 billion dollars for a national broadband system for Public Safety??? Hahahaha.... Motorola will eat that up just putting equipment in for NYC, Chicago, LA, Dallas, Miami, and Washington DC.

Prevailing wage and union labor will chew that up so fast it won't be funny. Just like that other multibillion dollar deal to make more jobs....

-B-

On 2/10/2011 5:44 PM, Jeff Broadwick - Lists wrote:

"Obama's wireless plan involves increasing the space available on the airwaves for high-speed wireless by auctioning off space on theradiospectrum <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110210/ap_on_re_us/us_obama>to commercial wireless carriers. The White House says this would raise nearly $30 billion over 10 years, and the money could be spent on initiatives that include $10 billion to develop a national broadband network for public safety agencies and $5 billion for infrastructure to help rural areas access high-speed wireless."

Doesn't this just make more spectrum unavailable for general use?

Regards,

Jeff
ImageStream Sales Manager
800-813-5123 x106

*From:*wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] *On Behalf Of *Marco Coelho
*Sent:* Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:27 PM
*To:* us...@wug.cc; WISPA General List
*Subject:* [WISPA] Obama want to control the wireless world

Here's some more:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110210/ap_on_re_us/us_obama

my response:

Dear Mr. President,

I have built, own, and operate an Internet Service Provider (ISP) company. I have done this with my OWN money, blood, sweat, and tears for over 13 years. We presently cover 5000 square miles of previously unsupported areas. So far your broadband stimulus moneys' have done nothing for my customers but cause interference from wanabe ISPs using the peoples money to mess things up.

Sure, most of them will be out of business in a couple of years, but it's still adds more work for those who have to live through it. We may even do pretty well buying up all that equipment that was purchased with the peoples monies and squandered.

Leave business to the business people. We don't want your money, it came with too many strings attached. Rather than sell radio spectrum, also an asset of the people, you should designate more of it for the unlicensed bands that us WISPs use.

Marco Coelho
President,
Argon Technologies Inc.

--