  From: MDK
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2011 1:08 AM
  Subject: [WISPA] net neutrality... Two articles...

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/147121-house-leadership-questions-why-industry-isnt-fighting-in-net-regs?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

  Excerpt:
  House GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) convened a meeting of top
communications companies on Wednesday morning, where he questioned why they are
not doing more to help Republicans in the fight against net-neutrality rules.

  A spokeswoman for McCarthy confirmed the meeting.

http://biggovernment.com/nrbrown/2011/03/04/republican-reactive-neutrality/print/

  Excerpt:

  The facts are that Net Neutrality is not about keeping all the bits equal.
Net Neutrality is about regulatory creep.  It's about controlling the
infrastructure so that the message can be controlled.  It's about things like
Internet Sidewalks [5], and Free Press' founder Robert McChesneys desire to
control information, have a government takeover of infrastructure, and control
what is available to the people.  We know this when he stated,

  "You will never, ever, in any circumstance, win any struggle at any time.
That being said, we have a long way to go. At the moment, the battle over
network neutrality is not to completely eliminate the telephone and cable
companies. We are not at that point yet. But the ultimate goal is to get rid of
the media capitalists in the phone and cable companies and to divest them from
control."

  I asked once... about a year ago.   "What side is WISPA on?"

  I still can't tell.  Are they on the "no regulation is needed, get lost!"
bandwagon, or are they on the "We welcome the chance to have input on your
future plans" bandwagon?

  The two roads diverged a while back.

  Which is WISPA on?

  Neofast, Inc, Making internet easy