At 9/25/2011 02:23 PM, Robert Canary wrote:
>Keeping a link active versus maintaining throughput under divers
>conditions is two different things. For the money paid I would go
>with something like Alvarion.  But then again, after 12 years, I
>would not invest big dollars in CPE or Access points.  Only in the
>backhauls and infrastructures.
>
>The only reason I have not went UBNT, I have found much feed back on
>how they deal with interference, I like Frequency Hopper (FH) they
>keep a decent link through the most divers environments.  But how
>does UBNT deal with interference?

UBNT uses chips that are essentially software-defined radios.  They
implement the 802.11 G, A and N modulation.  G and A are a fairly
simple OFDM.  -N is an OFDM with MIMO capability and some additional
features.  FH and DS are both older spread spectrum techniques; OFDM
is wideband, but not really spread spectrum.

The N specs in particular (which work on both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands)
include a lot of modulation options ("MCS").  So you can select the
modulation that works best on the link in question, and choose 5, 10,
20 or 40 MHz channels.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/