Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

On 10/24/2011 4:52 PM, Patrick D. Nix, Jr wrote:

Ok tried 20mhz, throughput drops about 10mbps to about 30mbps. My signal is at least 20db better than noise (signal -59 noise -85+). ACK is set auto with distance of 2 miles (actual distance is approx 1.5mi). cable not an issue. any thoughts?

*From:*wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] *On Behalf Of *Tom DeReggi
*Sent:* Monday, October 24, 2011 3:27 PM
*To:* WISPA General List
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] UBNT Rocket M5 Throughput

You probably either have 1) noisy channels, 2) incorrect ACK distances, 3) not optimal firmware version, 4) Or some third party factor effecting testing, such as testing devices that cant generate that much traffic or buffer sizes of routers.

The first thing to try is switch down to 20mhz channel and see if the speed tests stays the same or higher, or if it drops proportionally. I bet the 20Mhz channel will perform better.

Dont rely on CCQ on its own. Its one indicator, but does not mean you have a clean channel for sure. Also remember, the Eth port is limited to 100mb, and if there is cable quality issues such as due to distance, it could autoadjust to half duplex. Test laptop to PC, isolating RF path, just for grins. It is very rare to find 40Mhz of clean spectrum for Dual polarity, and even the slightest packet loss and delay can drastically reduce TCP throughput.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband