Hello,

I operate in the custom software development industry and am considering
setting up a WISP as a new business investment. I know very little about
the industry and am hoping that some of you will not mind giving me some
feedback. In exchange, I'll be glad to answer any software development
questions you may have that I can answer or that I can get an answer for.

I'm a business person. I'm not interested in learning the low-level details
about wireless hardware or protocals above and beyond what I need to run
the business. I have no desire to ever install/troubleshoot/repair the
equipment myself.

What I want to do is own the service and run the business. My first
thoughts are I want a setup that makes it easiest for the customer to start
using the service. If there is a particular hardware setup that lets me
mail a dongle (small device that would plug into a USB port) to the
customer and viola they're up and running, great! Also, I am wondering if
operating in a licensed spectrum will provide me with some protection from
frequency overload.

I am interested in finding people who may be able to help me analyze a
territory for potential profitability and engineer a setup. So, if it
doesn't violate mailing list rules, feel free to respond with your contact
information so that I can contact you to find out what it would cost for
your services.

I know I have a lot to learn and want to stick with high-level information
so that I can quickly determine if this is a good opportunity for me.

Thanks,

Rich