With a radome, the ice shouldn't be too much of an issue unless it gets
really thick. I had some dished here in Texas that I did not put radomes
on, thinking that the one or two days of ice we get a year would not
matter. With about 1/2 inch of ice directly on the end of the feed, my
throughput went to nothing. I added a radome and then next ice storm with
about the same covering of ice had no effect and my throughput remained
constant. I would go with a radome with even a possibility of ice.

Cameron