We have good relationships with the local Crown rep people who have been good to work with, so no horror stories, but the start up fees to get on one of their towers is just ridiculous..I'm not an AT&T or Verizon with a gazillion $$$. I would probably do a lot more business with Crown, but only had 2 arms and 2 legs and they are long gone!

On 3/11/2012 10:26 AM, Chuck Hogg wrote:
I was told there would be a change at WISPALOOZA...after 6 weeks of negotiations, we walked away. A friend of mine decommissioned a Crown site he was on. They removed everything. Some how a cable hanger was still there. Crown is fighting with them to get them to pay back rent for that one cable hanger. The claim was $14,000 in back rent and $4,000 to remove the cable hanger. Each month that $14k increases.

Regards,
Chuck

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller <par...@cyberbroadband.net <mailto:par...@cyberbroadband.net>> wrote:

    Looked at a Crown tower today - and remembered the horror stories.
    Not interested unless there is a real change.

        ----- Original Message -----
        *From:* Ralph <mailto:ralphli...@bsrg.org>
        *To:* 'WISPA General List' <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
        *Sent:* Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:13 PM
        *Subject:* [WISPA] New Crown Castle Nightmare Developing

        *I wish I could say nice things… I wish I could say nice
        things.  But Mama told me that if I can’t say something nice,
        don’t say anything at all.*

        *I have a pretty good Crown Castle horror story developing.  I
        will be glad to share the details if things do not get ironed
        out, and quickly.*

        **

        *I will say that if you are considering it, do not get into a
        contract with them. They still think we are all Cell Carriers
        or Clearwire!*

        **

        **

        *If the representative from the “Kinder, Gentler, WISPA member
        Crown Castle” happens to be listening, I think he needs to
        reply to me off list!*

        **

        **

        *Ralph*