I am using a 'cheap' H-Pol omni, 9.5db or so, about $450, and a 9db V-Pol omni, about 6ft tall!!!

It works...  ok.

on 900MHz , antennas are big and expensive.

I am currently looking at an 11db H-Pol omni, waveguide type... about 11ft tall...  and almost $1k with shipping.
A V-Pol 11db omni is over 11ft tall...

I find that you can get thru about 150 yards of medium-heavy tree cover when leafed out.

I use 14 or 17 db yagi's from TrueGain on any cpe that is below -75 when leafed out

Another thing we have learned is to use a mast and tripod when using the 900MHz on a roof.  get the antenna up away from the roof   Too much multipath otherwise...

But, don't promise too much to the clients....  They are not gonna watch netflix in prime time...  I tend to get about 6-8Mb/s thru the AP...  And no more than 3-4Mb/s at any one client...

I sell it as an alternative to Sat... And tell them up front to forget netflix...

Latency is also a bit variable.

If you have a spectrum analyzer, get it up on the leg with an omni of each type and get a day in each polarity.  If the noise floor is above -88 or so, IMO, don't use UBNT for 900MHz...

Narrow channels are, IMO, the key to 900MHz, but then you limit thruput...

I've thrown probably $50K down the 900MHz rathole in the last 8 years.

The UBNT M900 gear is the first gear, IMO, that is cheap enough to use in the 900MHz but still works well enough to be worth the money.

I also put up a 2.4GHz AP with a downtilted omni anywhere I do a 900MHz AP   Try hard to put people on the 2.4GHz AP.

YMMV

Our answer, for most areas now, is micro or mini POP's

We will use a 900MHz backhaul PtP to get into a location, then put up a 2.4GHz AP for the few houses it can see.