Very nicely said Rick.  Great job.
marlon

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick Harnish
  To: 'WISPA General List'
  Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:16 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] It's been a ride... Some up, some down.

  Mark,

  Enough is enough.  There is no reason that I know of for your behavior
especially attacking the opinion of someone else online.  Faisal is one of the
most intelligent ISP veterans in the industry and he does not deserve to be
called ignorant by someone that has thumbed their nose at WISPA for many years.
 I have sat back and allowed you to spout off occasionally with extreme
patience.  There have been times that I have had to "boot" you from the WISPA
mailing lists and you have come back under a different email address, lurked
and then repeated your rabid behavior.

  I think it is rude that a person comes into someone's house and complain
about their lazyboy, food, and hospitality.  That is effectively what you have
done to WISPA.  We invite you into our home to learn and improve your business
by networking with other operators in our industry and how do you repay that?
Turning over the Lazy-boy, spitting in the food and demanding service, with no
intention of paying for the service or tipping the hostess is not my idea of
worthiness.

  I have noticed over the years, that somewhere in your dissertations, you
always refer to your depleted financial condition and tend to accuse WISPA for
your struggling business.  I'm not sure if the area you serve is economically
challenged, the geography is tough to operate in or you are just not a good
businessman.  I do however think that if it were not for some of the proactive
and reactive lobbying efforts that WISPA has accomplished in the last few
years, that many operators would be out of business by now.  The telcos/cable
duopoly would have had their way in Congress and at the FCC to run wild with
their agenda to put the Wisp industry out of business through legislation.

  Therefore, I am going to put you on moderation.  I will allow you to continue
to receive emails from the wireless@wispa.org mailing list but your responses
will need to be governed.  Something I'm sure you hate me for, but as the
moderator, it is my job to maintain proper decorum and provide a healthy
environment for other wisp operators to learn in.  I have been asked by
numerous people to ban you from WISPA lists, but I am not going to do that yet.
 I only hope that you can learn something from other operators that will
improve your business, regardless of whether you would ever support or efforts
here at WISPA.

  I wish you good fortune in the future and only hope that in some way, you can
accept that WISPA may have helped you even without your financial support.  We
are operators just like yourself.  Many of us struggle to make ends meet in
this very tough economy.  I agree with you that the government policies over
the last 20-30 years have been disastrous for our economy.  This is not a
political statement in any way.  Policies which have created dominant
corporations in any industry have caused "small town America" to wither on the
vine.  Greed in politics and corporate America has been the dominant reason for
our economy decline.  There is little dispute of that.  We need a new direction
and new leadership inside the beltway.  Unfortunately, I don't personally feel
that any change can be accomplished effectively without some major
housecleaning of the monstrous Washington DC governing infrastructure to which
all new politicians are introduced quickly.  Their intentions may be great
before they arrive in Washington, only to be cut off at the knees by the
"system and its lifetime staffers".

  Where there is a Wisp, there is a way!

  Respectfully,

  Rick Harnish