Thanks Rick!

--- On Thu, 8/23/12, Rick Harnish <rharn...@wispa.org> wrote:

From: Rick Harnish <rharn...@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] FCC broadband deployment report
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>, a...@afmug.com, us...@wug.cc,
color...@wispa.org
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 6:18 PM

Andrew,  (Andrew MacRae from the NTIA is BCC’d)  There seems to be some
discrepancy in the Colorado and Michigan Data.  Can you assist as to why Wisp
coverage is not represented?  Please read the email below my signature line.
Also, here are some other comments from other providers.  ·         Merrill,
MI: Our coverage area is not displayed on that map. Is it only including
wireline providers?  ·         Jackson, MI:  My coverage update for the 2nd to
last round is not there, but the rest is. The map is for 3Meg svc. and up also.
 ·         Steamboat Springs: If you hover over a county a popup chart on the
right shows up and displays the demographics for that county and % of broadband
that is Fiber, Cable, DSL, or fixed wireless.  both the counties we serve show
0% fixed wireless.  ·         Yuma: wow, they have my area as covered as
NON-Rural DSL and Cable no wireless links at all..I think someone
 "fixed" the books on this info. As its completely BS..  1. everything out here
in our area is Rural..2. No wireless listed at ALL ( there are 2 providers
ourselves and the telco to the south of us) 3. The local cable company has only
a handful of customers 4. says that over 3500 folks in my county have NO
internet.. Complete and total BS.. This is farm country and I'd PAY to find
more than 50 homes that don't have internet.  Again.. the books have been
cooked, thanks to either bad info or competition.    Where there is a Wisp,
there is a way!  Respectfully,  Rick HarnishExecutive DirectorWISPA260-307-4000
cell866-317-2851 Option 2 WISPA OfficeSkype:
rick.harnish.rharnish@wispa.orgadm...@wispa.org (Trina and Rick)          >
-----Original Message-----> From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org
[mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On> Behalf Of Sean Heskett> Sent: Thursday,
August 23, 2012 5:29 PM> To: wireless@wispa.org; a...@afmug.com; us...@wug.cc;
 color...@wispa.org> Subject: [WISPA] FCC broadband deployment report> > Hi
all,> > Sorry for all the cross posts on multiple lists but this seems
troubling to me.  We> submitted our coverage data to the state of Colorado and
they submitted our> data for the national map.  However, this FCC broadband
deployment report> includes this map which doesn't show our coverage.> >
Report: http://www.fcc.gov/reports/eighth-broadband-progress-report> Map:
http://www.fcc.gov/maps/section-706-fixed-broadband-deployment-map> > What
gives???  WISPA???> > Is anyone else noticing their coverage area is not
included?> > Best regards,> > > Sean Heskett> ZIRKEL Wireless> High-speed
Internet> > www.zirkelwireless.com> 970-871-8500>