Paolo:

In dealing with European payments, it has been my experience that there are
alternatives to Paypal, but they are not much better, if any at all.
 Google Checkout might be the best alternative.  I used to use AlertPay as
well, but it got bought out by Payza.  Then there's moneybookers that's on
it's way to being re-branded as Skrill.

Here's one thing I came to realize.  If you are willing to pay the $25-50
per month to accept transactions, you are better off getting a full blown
merchant account.  They are almost as easy to get accepted as Paypal
without the hassles.

Regards,
Chuck