On 11/28/2012 9:47 PM, Butch Evans wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 15:46 -0500, Blair Davis wrote:
>> >Learn RouterOS.
>> >By Dennis out at Link Technologies
> A better book, IMO, is this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/RouterOS-by-Example-ebook/dp/B006U3MP7W  for kindle
> andhttp://www.learnmikrotik.com/index.php/get-the-book.html  for the
> paper.

So, what I guess I'm hearing is that the two obvious book options on
amazon are more or less the *only* two options.  I Have read some of ROS
by Example, and while I'm sure it's a fantastic book for some purposes,
it's not really what I'm looking for (contains lots of motivational
speak, contains lots of winbox screenies, doesn't appear to cover the
CLI, and doesn't give an in depth view of the technologies).  The other
book gets a couple of really bad reviews, but I'll certainly download
the kindle sample and read it.

Anyone have any info on the videos that Dennis is selling?  Looking at
them, I can't even tell how long each is or what topics are covered in
each, etc.

Thanks again,

TD