+1...  60 minutes even made them look like the bad guy....

On 1/26/2013 8:04 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
I would never use any Huawei anything unless you like deal with a bunch of unscrupulous people. They'd also be LTE or WiMAX.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Luthman" <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:33:04 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] High Capacity AP alternatives?

Huawei? Canadian WISP is doing 3.5 GHz with their stuff.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Jan 26, 2013 12:31 AM, "Mike Hammett" < wispawirel...@ics-il.net > wrote:

There's Cambium, WiFi, LTE and WiMAX that I can think of.

Alvarion has recently come out with a higher capacity AP (LTE?), but I'd consider it to be at the new bar for average. Otherwise, WiMAX and LTE are generally too low of throughput to be useful.

I don't think anyone has really enough of a differentiator in the WiFi space to not use UBNT or Mikrotik. UBNT is cheap and generally works. Mikrotik has their whole RouterOS behind it and generally works.

Cambium is the only thing I can think of that's doing their own thing. It looks really good if only the APs were 90% less expensive.

100 meg of throughput on an AP is really the minimum to be considered. I have areas where I could put something multiples higher to use.

-----