Yes, I was venting frustration more than anything. I have heard people on
the ubnt.com forums discussing their fees for such a lookup.

I have never heard of anybody who has charged a "lookup fee" for DMCA
request who has actually be paid / had the requestee go further than the
initial email/letter (now including this list).

Note: Those same people do charge for CALEA requests as well, but those
*do* get paid.