Joe,

I do agree that usage based billing is the way to go. However, when our
system was originally built 10 years ago, it was done so on the “unlimited”
platform. The customers that we have I believe will respond in a negative
way to the change. So how can we migrate a unlimited system to a UBB system
without for a better word, piss off the existing customer base. I have
thought about this for quite some time and the billing system I have in
place can handle running both at the same time. What would be a good price
point per gig of bandwidth? From looking at the current customer usage I
think using $1.00 per gig would be a good starting point for discussion.
Some customers will see a reduction in monthly cost while most will see an
increase in their monthly service. I can see how we can re coup the cost of
bandwidth a lot easier.

I would like to come up with an email  for my customers to ask them what
they think in regards to having virtually as much bandwidth as they can use
in exchange for billing for that usage. Basically, caped speed with flat
rate vs uncapped speed with metered rate.

I’m looking at expanding into a new area and using the UBB platform will be
a lot easier to start out with, but changing out the current customer base
to UBB will be a bigger pill to swallow.

I think that this is a good discussion for a session in Vegas.

We have hundreds of companies that are members of WISPA, and I think with
enough minds on this that we can come up with a good solution for everyone.

Regards,

Joe Miller

www.dslbyair.com

www.facebook.com/dslbyair