Marlon has the right idea.

I have been looking at what AT&T is doing to lay the groundwork for
pay-as-you-go bandwidth - you can see some of their 'informational' videos on
YouTube - and essentially they are setting a really high limit on usage in GB
terms, and then billing above that so as to hit the bandwidth hogs.

They are phasing it in, and giving people usage meters and alerts to show their
usage patterns, but it all leads to having a way for them to tackle the small
minority who take an outsize share of the bandwidth, and I have to say they do
a good job of making that point clear in those videos.

Next year we will also introduce the same sort of tiered fair-use/flat rate
plans to enable us to segment the customer base, and most likely do that in the
same way as they are.

Daniel

Marlon Schafer (509.982.2181) <o...@odessaoffice.com> wrote ..