I second what Josh is saying. I build out a lot of hotels and large offices, and because of iPhones and iPads, we've started doubling up on the AP's we normally would deploy. In an indoor environment, it's really tough to do a very directional antenna because you are usually trying to cover a 360 deg area, so high power AP's, low gain antennas, and more AP's is usually the best approach.

That being said, I'm curious about your specific choice of Broadcom radios in your first post. Usually that means you are trying to utilize custom firmware such as DD-WRT or Sputnik, etc. Is this the case? If so, it would be interesting to hear what you are trying to accomplish. I've played with many of those for a long time, until I really saw the capability and power of the Unifi, and stopped messing around with anything else.

Just curious as Broadcom is not a radio chipset you hear much about on this list.

Thanks,
*Ryan McKenzie
Office 385-215-WIFI
Cell 801-309-6161