From: "Jeff Holdenrid" <je...@doubleradius.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:49:57 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] FM Radio interference

I have been putting wireless on FM towers for some time now.

If you do not do the liquid tight or the fiber, then the best bet is to use the
Superior Essex BBDGE cable and ground the cable every 25-50 feet and it will
bleed out the interference.

It is a lot of grounding but it works.

Jeff Holdenrid
Sales Manager/
Sr. Sales Engineer
DoubleRadius, Inc
je...@doubleradius.com
866-891-3602 x 185 (Toll Free)
704-927-6085 (Office)
704-604-6093 (Cell)
704-927-6099 (Fax)
2022 Van Buren Ave.
Indian Trail, N.C. 28079

Twitter

Facebook

Linkedin

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Marco Coelho < coelh...@gmail.com > wrote:

I have an existing tower that has a FM transmitter on it. I believe they are
just under 10,000 Watts.
Since we have been one that tower, I could never link up Ethernet that runs up
the tower to the equipment on the bottom at 100BT. I've tried ferrite rings on
both ends, all cables are shielded and grounded. Always had to go to 10BT to
get a link.

I moved our radios 35 feet away from the bottom their antennas and still cannot
link at 100BT.

The new radios require 1000BT too use them to full advantage. Ideas?

I'm considering conduit all the way up the tower. I don't want to put switches
at the top.

--

Marco C. Coelho
Argon Technologies Inc.