On 7/14/2016 3:35 PM, Shawn C. Peppers wrote:
> Fiber with direct dc power to a edgepoint that is inside a metal enclosure.
> Save yourself the hassle because you will always have problems if you do not.
>  Put your cables out of the edgepoint to the radios in flexible EMT or MC
> conduct.
>
> Shawn C. Peppers
Do you know of a source to get MC without the copper pre-installed? What
do you find is a good size for one cable? Do you use standard electrical
junctions to consolidate them into a larger MC for the vertical run?

e.g. use a large (perhaps solid) conduit to get to the top, then break
out to MC for each individual unit?

I'm interested in trying this strategy to compare it to ferrite chokes,
which I have had good success with - when installed properly - but it is
not a perfect solution, as sometimes link rates will still drop to
10Mbps. I have to keep a script running on my routers to bounce the port
if it drops to 10Mbps, which isn't very often.

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -
- Are your files safe?                        -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup          -
- More information & 30 day free trial at     -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
addressees hereof. This message and any attachments may contain information
that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited
from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise
using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please
promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message
from your system.