I think the best current "cut the cord" solution is a combination of
Playstation Vue (Cable channels) and Tablo (Local channels).  Playstation
Vue has cloud-based DVR capabilities and Tablo does full DVR on OTA
channels.  Both work with Roku and Amazon FireTV.  Sling just announced
their DVR solution, so they might be a Playstation alternative also.  As
was mentioned above, you could make some money implementing this solution,
but there would not be any recurring revenue unless you could sell support
for it.