Date: 1/12/17  9:42 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] NEPA/SHPA Requirement
This seems to be only required in certain areas, correct? Mainly on or near
areas of historical or religious significance?
On Jan 12, 2017 9:35 AM, "Sam Morris" <w...@csilogan.com> wrote:
(Sorry... SHPO, not SHPA)

National Environmental Policy Act, and State Historical Preservation

Office. I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express

last night, but the way I understand it, they are legal requirements

pertaining to new structures that are going to hold radio equipment that

uses licensed (or lightly-licensed?) frequencies, and makes a

requirements to go through a certification process from these two

offices. NEPA

(https://www.epa.gov/nepa/national-environmental-policy-act-review-process)

is an EPA requirement, and SHPO, (https://www.nps.gov/Nr/shpolist.htm)

as it has pertained to us, is primarily native-Americans inspecting the

site and certifying that you're not desecrating sacred ground.

I know it's a requirements if the structure holds 11 Ghz, 220 Mhz, 6

Ghz, etc. I don't know if it is also a requirements if it's the 3.65

type of license, hence my question. :)

Thanks

Sam