[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Log:
>  From Douglas Pratley:
>
>  This is a patch adding items to the context menus for the packet list
>  and packet details panes for copying packet data to the clipboard.
>
>  New menu item on packet list pane:
>  Copy (sub menu) ->
>          Summary (Text)          Copies fields displayed in the packet
>  list, tab separated
>          Summary (CSV)           Copies fields displayed in the packet
>  list, comma separated
>          Hex and Text            Copies data for the selected frame in
>  hex-editor style (similar to Copy\All Information in packet bytes pane)
>          Text Only               Copies data for the selected frame,
>  dropping non-printable characters other than line breaks (similar to
>  Copy\Text Only in packet bytes pane)
>          Hex Columns             As Hex and Text but without text
>          Hex Stream              Copies data for the selected frame as an
>  unpunctuated list of hex values
>          Binary Stream           Copies raw packet bytes to the clipboard
>  as MIME type application/octet-stream

Nice work!

As usual some GUI nitpicking from me ;-)

Comparing the context menus (packet list, details, bytes), they have no
common way they are named (especially in combination with the existing
menu items), it's looking a bit weird now.

In addition, I had to try some things out before I get the actual meaning.

So a new layout proposal of the corresponding menu items:

1.) Packet List / Copy item:
Summary (Text)
Summary (CSV)
------------------
Bytes (Offset  Hex  Text)
Bytes (Offset  Hex)
Bytes (Printable Text Only)
------------------
Bytes (Hex Stream)
Bytes (Binary Stream)

2.) Packet Details / Copy item (only one Copy item in this menu):
Description
------------------
Bytes (Offset  Hex  Text)
Bytes (Offset  Hex)
Bytes (Printable Text Only)
------------------
Bytes (Hex Stream)
Bytes (Binary Stream)

3.) Packet Bytes / Copy item:
The usability of this menu is completely odd, as you select things you
don't want.

With the new Details menu the dialog menu is completely obsolete - after
some cleanup. Namely moving the "Export Selected Packet Bytes" item to
Packet Details menu (shouldn't be too difficult?!?). We might also want
to remove this export feature completely, as I guess that the "Copy"
mechanism is what users really need ...

What do you think about all the name changes?

BTW: Is the "Printable Text" a good idea? Wouldn't the "common"
replacement of unprintable chars by dots be more common / helpful? Or is
there even a need for both?

Again, your work was already overdue in my eyes, thanks for doing it!

Regards, ULFL