So, if I understand it correctly, it is a RPC interface? I still think,
implementing this as a dissector is a major overkill, and will also lead to
issues further down the line, if dissectory API changes or similar issues.
I'd implement such an interface via a simple plugin architecture, which
would have the added benefit, that you do not have the need for an active
dissection runnning, to query the instance. A dissection should be mainly
about "How to interpret packet data", which is not the case here.

regards
Roland