On Jun 28, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Maynard, Chris <christopher.mayn...@igt.com> wrote:

> You can find the download link by navigating from https://www.wireshark.org/
> -> Download -> More downloads and documentation can be found on the downloads
> page -> Live on the Bleeding Edge: You can download source code packages and
> Windows installers which are automatically created each time code is checked
> into the source code repository.  These packages are available in the
> automated build section of our download area.

You'll also find that if you're running Linux, you'll have to compile the
binary yourself, as we're not building binary RPMs/DEBs/etc. or Flatpak/{your
favorite distribution-independent packaging format} versions.

(That's also a problem with vendor-distributed plugins - they are often
oriented towards a world in which Microsoft literally has a 100% share of the
desktop/notebook computing market, as they often offer only Windows compiled
versions of the plugin.

Perhaps this is another reason to have a built-in ability to read protocol
descriptions in a format such as WSGD, or to make Lua a mandatory dependency,
so the vendors could distribute dissector plugins in source form so that
*anybody* can use them conveniently.)