Before or After running cmake (in Linux) there are no files containing
"generate_dissector" in the filename in asn1/foo. And they do not exist
anywhere in the source tree.

How did the other asn1 dissectors get generated in Linux? When was the last
time anyone generated or updated a dissector in epan/dissectors/asn1 using
Linux? Maybe this step has been broken for a while in Linux (assuming it
works in Windows).