On 8/24/23 13:16, Peter Wu via Wireshark-dev wrote:
Hi,

In the last weeks I started using Wireshark more and noticed some
crashes. I hope to be able to look into it over the next two weeks, and
also address some QUIC issues. Not sure if I will be able to review the
HTTP/3 changes in time.

Do you think it is better to branch, and then cherry-pick, or would a
delay of two weeks be okay?

Among the issues on my TODO list (no GitLab issue yet) is changing the
"manuf" generation process. Right now there is unaligned access reported
by UBSAN. There are several ways to do that, but some of them might
require changing the manuf-data.c format *again*. Since it is a quite
large file, ideally the changes are done once on the main branch before
branching. One potential outcome is that we revert to a text file again,
and convert it to a manuf-data.c file during the build.

https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/11809

Thanks for the report.

Kind regards,
Peter