Hi all

Hope you can help.  I tried Wireshark on my network and once a winxp client
logs into my network (Win 2003 server as DC) I see NBNS name query nb
bps-ntserver1

The bps-ntserver1 was an old NT 4 server but I have since built a new
domain.  I have a feeling a reg key or something is still in the desktop
since the change over.  I have looked through the registry but it is strange
why its being called on login only?  Any ideas? I am guessing it is not
healthy for 100+ pc's querying an old server on login! I have attached the
log.

I am still (unfortunately) running wins on the network due to a few win 98
boxes still running.  I have tried searching wins for that server name but
nothing exists and DNS does not have any reference to that old server name.
Thanks.

Cheers

Jon